The Dining Philosophers Problem
What are the possibles ways to solve this Dining Philosophers Problem???
Question: Consider the following two scenarios in the dining philosophers problem:
(i)First a philosopher has to enter a room with the table that restricts the number
of philosophers to four.
(ii) There is no restriction on the number of philosophers
entering the room. Which of the following is true?
- Deadlock is possible in (i) and (ii).
- Deadlock is possible in (i).
- Starvation is possible in (i)
- Deadlock is not possible in (ii).
- Starvation is not possible in (ii).