What are the possibles ways to solve this Dining Philosophers Problem?
Question: Consider the following two scenarios in the dining philosophers problem:
- First a philosopher has to enter a room with the table that restricts the number of philosophers to four.
- There is no restriction on the number of philosophers
entering the room. Which of the following is true?
- Deadlock is possible in (i) and (ii).
- Deadlock is possible in (i).
- Starvation is possible in (i)
- Deadlock is not possible in (ii).
- Starvation is not possible in (ii).